[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V4 #1090

Had a question relating  to Columbia. The morning it
was to land, i was outside at 6:25 a.m., CST. I saw an
extremely fast moving object start in the NNW and pass
across the sky to about due East when it passed below
the horizon. I have seen many satellites, but none
move this fast or normally in this orbit. Later that
morning, when I learned the tragic news that the
shuttle began disintegrating over Texas just about 35
minutes later, I assumed  it was the shuttle on its
last pre-atmospheric orbit. I have looked at the sites
for tracking the ISS, shuttle, and other satellites,
but can find no verification  this is what I saw. Can
any out there help me with my idea on this? Thanks.
Please respond to me individually, if possible,
because at this point I only get the digest and would
like an answer as soon as possible. Thanks again for
the great service provided by all.

Johnie