[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Possible outburst March 1 2003

Among the possible outbursts mentioned in the article by Lyytinen/Jenniskens there is an entry for March 1, 2003. The outburst is related to particles from comet C/1976 D1.

The radiant should be at RA 013, Dec -64 (only visible from the southern hemisphere)  and the predicted time is 2003/03/01 21:54 UT (340.861 J2000).

The entry is listed in bold which means it is one of 'the more certain predictions'.

There will be no lunar interference.

I took a quick look and it seems that South America might be the most suitable place for observations, balancing darkness and radiant altitude.

Daniel