[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Illinois fireball?

Hi, I received this email from a reader of spaceweather.com, and wondered
if anyone on this list had heard reports of the fireball he
mentions.  Thanks! -Tony

This email is to report a sighting of the biggest meteor  or somthing I
have ever seen. Sunday evening at about 730pm central time I was south
bound on I90 at about the 34 mile marker in Illinois, when a very bright
object came streaming down from the southern sky heading only slightly
west. this thing was so big and bright that both i and my wife were
amazed. I am sure that some of it must have made it's way to the ground.
There were 2 planes in the area who also must have seen it as it was too
big to miss. I would appreciate any info you may have on this sighting.
                    Thanks for your attention
                      Wayne

Dr. Tony Phillips, editor
Science@NASA http://science.nasadot gov