[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) I'm optimistic, but with two feet on the ground

Nice to be hear again,

Presently, I have nothing to report concerning to meteors showers that could
be observed in SA. For sure that I am waiting for March Outlook. This
promises something new in our skies! Well... but if the moment permits, I
would like to add something about Mike's opinion refering to the subject
"NASA solves..." as it was posted on Digest.

Basically, I think that the subject is very interesting and pertinent to the
meteor discussion. Coincidently, on 02.21, I wrote an article for local SBPC
(equivalent to Brazilian AAAS). This was going on with the possibilities of
achieve chances to avoid big meteors hitting the Earth surface. Along on my
article, I discussed about many possibilities of NOT...I was consistent in
my views, considering the Nasa figures related on weather.com, and its
plotting on the most probabilities of one them take us by our gravity, being
as such, dangerous to the mankind. Of course that there's the possibility,
(remotely), I focused. Nasa article says that "one hit the Moon in half a
century". So soon, in terms of astromical time! Of course, that the
Meteorobs admit discussion on this aspect Mike. Many relates were published
here reporting the meteors history and so forth.

To conclude, I think that for the meteors observers, is much more
interesting to be focusing about these scientific possibilities, them being
aware that of day we'll be hit by one. So, to be on a meteor treck to avoid
this or that in the benefit of science is really into our motto. Supported
on this, I especulated about the number of satellites, telescopies,
astronomers, astronomy centers, and so many other scientific info that we do
have to check this or that on time to avoid any serious damage. And you,
Mike? Please, if I'm not so sure about this, I will appreciate any NEW
relevant comment on that. Surely that we do have some important data do
admit that Nasa article has many chances to be correct. Otherwise, about the
article by itself, it's pertinet to meteorobs policy. I have a feeling that
as many reports on this, much better'll be our hunting.

So, More we go, more we learn. To conclude: To know Nature events was one of
the most important lessons that was given by our descendants. To think about
is so evident that...????

Marco Valois from Recife