[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireball over Beijing and Tianjin

Yesterday, many amateur astronomers Tianjin (a city to the southeast of
Beijing) reported that they saw a big fireball at 07h15m (LT, equivalent
23h15m UT). The appearence of fireball was not seen, but ended at about 20
degrees above the east horizon, and slightly to the north. The fireball was
at least -10mag.. It is said it brightened the whole sky and the train
lasted at least 15 minutes. No electrophonic or other sounds was heard.

Today, I just got known some people in Beijing also watched this phenomenon.
The time was just 1 minutes earlier, i.e. 07h14m LT. Observers in Beijing
reported the fireball appear at about 60 degrees above the east horizon,
from northwest to southeast, rushed with medium speed. Someone said the
fireball was even brighter than the sun!

My mother was on the way to her company at that time. While driving toward
the west at 07h14m, she noticed the sky was "suddenly brightened". She's
puzzled, but did see the bolide.

I'm now wondering if we can find any meteorite of this fireball somewhere?
Any suggestion? or how to calculate the position of it/them?
PS, the distance between Beijing and Tianjin was precisely 120km.

Best wishes and Clear skies!

Huan