[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Bradfields

Rob, I had a quick question on the following sentence from your post:

>Due to the possibility of fireballs (Using Kozai's theory, Syuichi
>Nakano (private communication) estimated an ejection speed of 2.0
>m/s, real fireball ejection velocities...)

I am far from completely familiar with the professional literature,
but I think this is the first time I have heard of any correlation
between particle ejection velocities and likelihood of fireballs!

What is the theoretical mechanism for this assumed correlation? Is
it established by any observations? And does it hold equally well
regardless of variations parent-body composition, density or orbit?

Thanks for answering what is certainly a very amateur question,

Lew Gramer

Follow-Ups: References: