[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Radio result analysis

I've been admiring December's radio forward-scatter results on the RMOBs
site.

http://visualrmob.free.fr/december_2002.html

I notice that many observers recorded two peaks during each day
throughout the Geminid shower. As this pattern repeats on consecutive
days it is unlikely to be due to the distribution of meteroids. I also
notice that the time difference between the two daily peaks seems to
vary from observer to observer.

Would I be right in assuming that this is due to the radiant passing
through a favourable, low-elevation, position for each radio observer?
And if that's the case, would it be possible to work backwards and
derive the radiant's approximate position, given sufficient high quality
radio-results from widespread observers? It seems feasible.

--
David Entwistle