[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Star dust.

    I have just had a copy of the magazine "Discover" given to me, dated
September 2001.  There is a very interesting paper in this issue called
"Stardust" by Hannah Holmes. Quote: "The grime on your windowsill and car
hood has quite a tail to tell.  Scientists believe it contains the remnants
of stars that gave birth to our solar system".
Perhaps a copy can be found in your library or back issues may be available.
There is a web site for Discover at:  www.discover.com  The work of
astrophysicist Don Brownlee from the University of Washington is discussed
in this paper.

Ed Majden