[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Inappropriate postings to 'meteorobs' will result in removal

Apologies that it took me so long to respond to this thread.

As several posters noted, 'meteorobs' is NOT THE RIGHT FORUM
for discussion of anyone's political views (unless of course,
they somehow relate DIRECTLY to meteor science or observing!)

Our forum is founded on the wish for people from all nations
and all views, professional or amateur, to come together via
the Internet, to discuss ONE TOPIC: meteors. To have a fruit-
ful discussion on that one topic, it is IMPERATIVE that we
remain as focused on it as possible... Especially now.

I temporarily removed the original poster from our forum. I
also created a list of "Moderated Posters", and added that
person (if they choose to resubscribe), and one other poster
(whose views, coincidentally, appear to be OPPOSED to those
expressed by the original poster) to this "Moderated" list.

All posts from these addresses will now need a Moderator's
approval, before they are broadcast to the rest of our list.

If you have any questions or concerns about this, or about
anything else related to the operation of our list - regard-
less of your views - please don't hesitate to email them to
me PRIVATELY via the address:

        owner-meteorobs@atmob.org

Otherwise, I encourage all readers to return to the subject
which originally drew us all together here.

Clear skies to all,
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@atmob.org>

Causes, religions, even civilizations will come and go. Ult-
imately, all that are left to us are the stars...