[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) amateur infrasound receiver?

Richard,

I am not sure that VLF radio receivers can
pick up meteors, but I find them interesting.

I recently bought one of McGreevey's WR-3
pocket-portable VLF radios.  It is pretty slick but if
you are anywhere near power lines then all it picks
up is 60 Hz hum.  When I get away from
the lines, I can hear numerous pops,
clicks and chirps. For more WR-3 info:
http://auroralchorus.com/wr3.htm
I wonder if it could be modified to
reject more 60 Hz?

BTW: I just got a note that Inspire VLF3
radio kits are now available.
http://image.gsfc.nasadot gov/poetry/inspire/
Here is the order form I got today (3/24/03)
http://www.infiltec.com/SID-GRB@home/VLF3order.pdf
I have already sent my order in.

Of course infrasound is audio and not radio.
Here are some links I have collected on it.
http://www.infiltec.com/SID-GRB@home/#infrasound

I would like to see a ~$100 kit to build an
infrasound receiver something like
http://wwwdot belljardot net/microbar.htm
Here is a professional system with some
interesting ideas