[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Chicago meteorite shower: how about the fireball?

Folks,

I can understand that current interest focusses on recovering stones: but
please, there also was a fireball seen. I hope someone sets out gathering
data on this fireball as well. Rumour has it that the Chicago meteorite
looks like an LL6, and therefore I am VERY curious whether the radiant and
approximate orbit for this new fall might be similar to those for the
Glanerbrug LL5 fall from April 7, 1990.

- Marco

Marco Langbroek

marco.langbroek@wanadoodot nl
meteorites@dmsweb.org
http://home.wanadoodot nl/marco.langbroek

"What seest thou else
 In the dark backward and abysm of time?"

                            William Shakespeare
                            The Tempest act I scene 2