[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re; Meteor shower/meteorite shower.

What the heck I'll throw in two my near worthless two cents worth. It would seem that in this
important :-) discussion that meteorites travel in swarms beyond the earth's atmosphere. Therefore,
one would talk about meteorite swarms. However, once entered the atmosphere they become a meteor
shower. Anyone for a herd, colony, ...?

--
      Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet), Nevada City, CA

           "If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."
                                      -- Yogi Berra, baseball legend

                        Web Page: <home.earthlinkdot net/~mtnviews>
           Imaginarium Museum: <home.earthlinkdot net/~mtnviews/imaginarium.html>