[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Vesta will be visible to the unaided eye

We put together a page for this unusual asteroid.  If anyone has any
suggestions or good links to add, please let Kathy and I know at
contact@starryskies.com.

How likely are meteors from fragments of this asteroid?

Here is our intro blurb:
There's a rare treat for stargazers this week! The asteroid Vesta will
be visible to the unaided eye. It is the only asteroid that can be seen
without a telescope or binoculars. Vesta is an unusual asteroid.
Although it is not the largest or closest asteroid, it is the brightest,
which is why we can see it. Vesta is odd geologically too, having some
properties which are closer to those of planets than of asteroids. Don't
miss your chance to see this strange visitor from the Asteroid Belt.

http://starryskies.com/articles/2003/04/vesta.html

Thanks,
Chuck
--
GPL Free Software is the worst form of software, except for all the
others that have been tried.  Chuck Peters, Systems Administrator,