[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Coma Berenicid Meteors Seen!

   It will be interesting to see if any other visual, video, or photgraphic
reports of activity from this possible meteorite producing radiant was seen.
I must say that I was surpised to see normal brightness meteors coming from
this area of the sky. I recently got some email from Thomas Dorman of Texas
who mentioned to me that the El Paso all sky camera recorded a possible member
from this shower on April 6/7, 2003.

   An interesting thing to note is that all meteor streams, besides coming
from comets, except the Geminids and a few other minor showers, are from the
same parent body. However, the Pribram fireball meteorite is classified as an
H5 chondrite, while the Neuschwanstein meteorite is classified as an Enstatite
chondrite, according to an article in a recent issue of Meteorite magazine.
So, either the target and the bullet were H5 and E chondrites, or the radiant
is an escape zone near a Kirkwood Gap or something. Any opinions on this?

GWG