[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re:Question: Leonids 2003

Hi, Quanzhi,

>   Thanks for your reply. It's difficult for me to join
> this BBS, and it's more difficult for me to read and
> post messages in English, but it's the most difficult
> for me to reply message! :-|

The Shuimu Tsinghua BBS runs in telnet, and will be
rather slow if you use WWW. And i suggest you
getting a special software to log in.

>   I've read your message, and you mean there're two
> possible ZHR in Leonids 2003, one is Nov.13 and the
> other is Nov.19? Thanks a lot, I'll be more careful in
> that time.

Not exactly. It is still unknown whether the filament component
of Leonids can last till 2003, as it may have be too long a time
since the comet's return in 1998.

BTW, does anyone know any new prediction for this potential
event? I just asked Esko for his previous paper, but forgot to
ask about this. :-P

However, the annual shower will in any way make up a minor
and wide peak. But I don't know the precise time (but sure not
on November 13). The exact time can be calculated with the
orbit of the parent body, 55P/Tempel-Tuttle.

>   Fireball peak of 1998... I really hope it'll back in
> this year, I observated it when I was 10 in,
> wonderful. But you don't want it, do you? I don't
> understand what you were saying very much, but I know
> that you've wagered with a girl. Oh yes, could I know
> which collage are you in now? Not in The 80th Middle
> School now, er?

The fireball show in 1998 is really spectacular, indeed.
But I wagered with Zhilin Zhang only on account of
our different guesswork of the interference of the 1:3
resonance with Jupiter. This maybe more scientific but
hopeful. Of course, a fireball show in upcoming November
is also a good news for me. Zhilin Zhang is the president of the
Association of Astronomy in Nankai University.

I'm to be officially in Peking University later this year, but in fact,
i've been studying there for almost one year.

Best wishes,
Huan