[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re; Meteor shower/meteorite shower.

Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Re; Meteor shower/meteorite shower.

    It has been brought to my attention by Dr. Ian Halliday that there has
been a dual meteorite entry known as the Clearwater Lake Meteorite Craters.
Do a search for this using "google" for a number of write-ups and
photographs of this dual impact crater event on Earth.  Well worth a read
for anyone interested in meteoritics. Reference: R.W. Tanner, "The orbital
perturbations of a very large twin meteorite", Journal Royal Astronomical
Society of Canada. Vol 57, page 109, 1963.

Ed Majden
Courtenay, B.C. Canada.