[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) June Bootids dust trail question/1998 Burst

cut

> If the paper that Roberto Gorelli kindly brought to
> our attention was published in 1996, it seems to me
> that from Roberto's message, the paper did not list
> a favorable chance of activity for June 1998!  Thus,
> although I do not have the paper in my possession, I
> think it can be safe to say that there may be some
> surprises in store, not just for the June Bootids,
> but for others as well!
>
> Long, bright, bursting Lyrids!
>
> Mark Fox
> Newaygo, MI USA

In P. Jenniskens work June Bootids was not examined,
I extrapoled their data and the result it's:
there are not correlations between the 3 first showers
of June Bootids (1916, 1921 and1927) but in the case
of this shower it's possible that the long time of the
maximum immune it from Sun's reflex motion because
the Earth move more of 3 million of Km each day and the
maximum of June Bootids during more of one day must
to be larger of  3 million of Km, the the Sun's reflex motion
with its 3,5 million of Km (at maximum, but in general
it's half of this value) cannot delete all side of a maximum
of June Bootids when occur: in my precedent messages
I want to said only that the conditions of the year 1998
are very similar at 2022: we can verify this searching
traces of June Bootids in1906 (First Quater of Moon)
when the condition of  Sun's reflex motion was more similar
with 1916 that between 1998 and 2022, the only problem
it's that precisely in this years (1906-1916) the parent
comet of June Bootids (comet 7/P Pons-Winnecke) was
chancing its perielium from inside at outside of Earth orbit,
an other verification it's possible between the years 1927
and the years 1988 (Full Moon) too very siimilars, do
someone observed meteors around 26-27 June 1988
from America, do someone saw an anomalous
number of very slow meteors in this days (many with
one or more flash) from a dispersed area around
Bootes?
Roberto Gorelli