[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Lyrids

Hello All!

During this dawn,(04.23th), by 04:35 p.m, local time, I tried to observe the
Lyrids. The sky was clouded, but no rains. The moon was up as stated by Bob
Lunsford's reports. Suddenly Venus appeared on East among the clouds. In the
beggining a little shy lit, but after brilliant. After observing this
planet, I spent 30' observing on naiked eyes and through binoculars all my
view site, but effortless. With the hours on, some spaces in the sky begun
to be clear, I mean cloudless, and so I could have more viewings from the
skies. Although all these efforts and techniques, I just couldn't observe
any meteors. I do think that the time I dedicated to my viewings were a bit
late. Very close to the morning, even the sky was dark and appropriated for
meteors observation. Better nights will come.

Regards and clear skies,

Marco Valois -L38L8NE