[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Meteors in Brazil

The interesting reports about a dramatic meteor sighting over
Brazil (Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro ect.)with accustics effects
at the early morning hours on 26 April may have an another explanation.
On 26 April- around 05:50 UTC - we saw the decay of the rocket
body of a Russian Proton launch: 2003-015B (#27776) over
this region. The US SPACE CONTROL CENTER showed in its final
message the decay on:
26 April, 05:51 UTC +/- 07 minutes (23.0°S, 314.0°E).
ascending over Brazil.
This is within 3 minutes in good agreement with my own
calculation. It shows for the reentry trajectory a high
elevation pass for Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro travelling
SSW - NNO.
The rocket body have a mass of 4200 kg and delivered in
the past some very impressive "fireworks".
We can solve the question  "meteor or the decay"  very quick
with a more precise time information (please UTC !) from
Brazil.

Harro

Harro Zimmer

Berlin, Germany