[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Meteors in Brazil and question

Star Greetings for All!
Dear Mr. Zimmer.

I don't know if Teacher Mourão entered in contact with the Mister. I didn't
receive return of the e-mail that I sent for him. In whole the case, I saw a
matter now for the www where Teacher Mourão confirms that the such ''giant
meteor''  that entered in the atmosphere on the area of the state of Rio de
Janeiro in the dawn of April 26, 2003 (Saturday) the 02:42 hours (local
time: GMT -3 = 05:42 UT), it was not a normal meteor, but a part of the
rocket Russian Próton thrown in the month of April. As that he said in the
report: '' In fact, it was of the re-entered in the atmosphere of rocket
Próton K'S fourth apprenticeship, that placed in orbit the military
satellite Kosmos-2397 ". Thus, Your initial premise is confirmed!
Congratulations and very thanked by solving the ''mystery'' of the giant
meteorite.

Below it follows the integral article that (very badly) I tried to pass to
translate for English:

Bepposax can reach north of Brazil with fragments of up to 120 kg; I object
sees Saturday it was piece of Russian rocket

Italian satellite drops among today and tomorrow
OF THE LOCAL REPORT

An unexpected episode still increased more the expectation with relationship
to the fall of the Italian satellite Bepposax, that should drop today on the
Earth or tomorrow. A fire ball tore the skies at 2:42 in last Saturday,
visible in the Southeast area of Brazil.
It was not Bepposax, that only threatens States of the north of the country
(Pará, Amapá, Amazonas, Roraima, Ceará, Piauí and Maranhão), but other piece
of space garbage, that returned to the Earth after having thrown for the
Russians in April.
" In fact, it was of the re-entered in the atmosphere of rocket Próton K'S
fourth apprenticeship, that placed in orbit the military satellite
Kosmos-2397 ", it informs astronomer Ronaldo Rogério de Freitas Mourão, of
the Museum of Astronomy and Kindred Sciences of Rio de Janeiro. The fragment
weighed more than four tons -three times the mass of Bepposax, satellite
built by ASI (Italian space agency) and thrown in 1996 to study the rays
emanated X of the cosmic space.
The Italians published yesterday two reports with predictions on the fall of
its satellite. The " window of having re-entered " (period in that the
object can drop, taking into account the uncertainty involved in the
calculations) it is more and more it narrows. Now the cientists can already
affirm with 90% of certainty that Bepposax comes to the ground among today
and tomorrow more probably tomorrow.
The Italian satellite can drop in an area that occupies the whole strip
equatorial, 4,36 above and below the line that divides the two hemispheres
of the planet. Pieces of up to 120 kg they should resist to the friction
with the atmosphere. The exclusion of some of the potential impact areas can
only be made when the object is less than 24 hours the of its return to the
ground.
Until small objects they can make damages, according to Mourão. It is " easy
to imagine the damages caused by a small ball, thrown the speed of 7 to 8
km/s. they are Equal to the impact of a box of 200 kilos to 100 km/h ", the
astronomer says.
Re-entered her of Bepposax it was well disclosed by ASI, but similar
episodes are quite common. He/she is considered that of 30 to 90 pieces with
more than 100 kg re-enters in the atmosphere to every year. " In fact, in
the last three days, three superior apprenticeships of two Russian rockets
and a North American one they penetrated in the terrestrial atmosphere. And
a European one should re-enter next two days ", Mourão says. " Until today
anybody he/she died reached by space garbage, but the danger is preoccupying
". (SN)

There is a long time I have a doubt and taking advantage of the moment of
that subject meteor re-entered x satellite, I place a question for the Dear
Members of the List:
How knots can we be recognized an object that enters in our atmosphere a
meteoroid it is or one re-entered of garbage, satellite, etc?

  It did be worth!!! it is again, thank you very much:))))
Celestial hugs for all

R..Gregio
Mococa - SP - Br (GMT -3)
Lat.21.27.54S Long.47.00.21W
rgregio@uol.com.br
http://intermega.com.br/astromanual/
http://www.constelacoes.hpg.com.br
http://membro.intermega.com.br/rgregio/
http://www.geocities.com/alnitack_br/
http://membro.intermega.com.br/fenomenos/

Todo email enviado e recebido por mim são escaneados pelo Norton antivirus
2003.

Abracos celestes
R.Gregio
Mococa - SP - Lat.21.27.54S Long.47.00.21W
rgregio@uol.com.br
http://intermega.com.br/astromanual/
http://www.constelacoes.hpg.com.br
http://membro.intermega.com.br/rgregio/
http://www.geocities.com/alnitack_br/
http://membro.intermega.com.br/fenomenos/

Todo email enviado e recebido por mim são escaneados pelo Norton antivirus
2003.

Follow-Ups: References: