[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Persistent meteor trains - I got some

----- Original Message -----
From: Roberto G. <md6648@mclinkdot it>
To: <meteorobs@atmob.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 7:12 PM
Subject: R: (meteorobs) Persistent meteor trains

________________________

Hi Jure,

I guess that I got almost the answer for this, but observing Orion during
the Earster. It happened more or less like this: I was in a rural area, dark
sky, about 09:00 o'clock (local time). The last Orion star, was showing
brilliant. I also ponder about -4/3. Now the answer I presume for your
question: "all the time that I set up my binoculars on it, it was showing  a
long train. It was like a 'snake'. It was like a 'fog' too, in colors. It
was shaking toward (mostly) to the N, but, not all the time. In resume: A
wonderful view!. Excuse me if it was not a meteor, but if it adds some to
your question, the time depends so much on how the low bubble temperature
around the object we're observing at.

Marco Valois

Follow-Ups: References: