[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Persistent meteor trains

You guys must have been lucky with the Perseids. I've seen a load of Perseid
fireballs, but nothing brighter than -6 and no train longer than 20 seconds.
And I completely agree with Paul: you'll never look at the Perseids the same
once you've seen a Leonid storm!! :> I remember I used to shout for every
meteor brighter than +2. magnitude. You should've hear me during a Perseid peak
night. Then came Leonids 2001 - oh boy, did I shout!! And then came Leonids
2002. I only shouted when that -10 Leonid exploded. One shout out of ~1800. The
Leonids sure change you :>

Clear skies!

Jure A.

http://www.emaildot si/