[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Persistent meteor trains

May 1, 2003

Greetings Meteor Enthusiasts!

Oh yes.  The longest meteor I saw with a persistent
train could have been an early 2001 earth-grazing
Leonid (according to some measurements I took into
account).  That bright boy lasted a remarkable 1-2
sec!  It was amazing!  After that early night meteor
the fog rolled in...

I would be astounded to see a longer train.  Maybe it
is a good thing that I haven't yet!  Nevertheless,
some of those fabulous Perseids last year had
persistent trains and were a sight!  After thinking
about it, some of those could have had slightly
longer trains.

Long, lasting trains!

Mark Fox
Newaygo, MI USA