[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Persistent meteor trains

    Did anybody else in the region around southeastern Arizona see the
incredible Leonid grazer that I saw from Benson, AZ?  It literally went from
horizon to horizon and took at least 10 seconds to track from near the Leonid
radiant -- to straight up overhead -- and then disappearing low toward the
southwest horizon.  It didn't leave a trail, but looked like a small
yellow-white "ball" of roughly 0 to -1 magnitude which glided with a steady
speed across the sky.

    The night in question was Saturday, November 17, 2001 and the time was
around 10:35 p.m. Mountain Standard Time. It was by far, the longest path of
any meteor that I had ever seen!

-- joe rao