[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) eta Aquarids

    This is at best a difficult shower for those at higher northern
latitudes. Last year in a two-hour observing session I saw zero and was
probably lucky to see that many. :)  This year's results are guaranteed to
be more of the same, as it has been snowing for the past 24 hours and is
expected to keep right on snowing for the next 48. I could have sworn the
calendar said May, but whatever it is, it's coming in like a Lion.

    Maybe I'll have some radio results to report, otherwise I'll look
forward to happier reports from points south. Good luck to meteor observers
everywhere.

    regards, Bruce McCurdy, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada