[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fwd: "New tech broadens amateur astronomy"

Someone pointed out the following article on Amateur Astronomers
to me today, on the CNN Website:

 http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/space/05/14/amateur.astronomers.reut/

I know that some of the readers of this list were among those who
contributed video of Columbia's final moments to NASA. This was a
wonderful piece of press recognition of our passion - however sad
the events were which occasioned that recognition...

And how about those NASA engineers, being surprised that amateurs
were out there imaging the Shuttle re-entry! It seems we amateurs
still have some work to do, informing a broader sample of our pro-
fessional colleagues about our efforts and contributions?

Clear skies!

Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@meteorobs.org>
Webmaster: http://www.meteorobs.org