From: Marco Valois
To: meteorobs@atmob.org
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 7:50 AM
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Fwd: Meteor's family poses puzzle - Intriguing!

----- Original Message -----
From: Leo S.
To: meteorobs@atmob.org
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2003 8:32 PM

At 19:56 25/05/03 -0300, you wrote:
Hi Marco,

I should have been more specific,sorry - basically,meteorites were recovered from both events,and both fireballs were captured on multiple cameras and their orbits determined as being the same(ie they must have come from the same parent body),but,the recovered meteorites were found to be of different composition when analyzed,suggesting that they came from different parent bodies,which contradicts the photographic evidence!

________________________

Hi Leo,

Two family bodies having the same orbit is still  very intriguing to me. Luck that you have evidences of them in photos. But since you added that "after they were analysed ...they come from different parents body (composition...)". So what may missing is that the photos were taken from two differents bolides: one in 59 and the other in 2002. No? Admiting that mags. as determinats as well as the size, the time, the train and the years, why not consider them as two DIFFERENT parallels comets that joined casually(!) in the same gravitational orbit falling over the earth? Finally after being, captured as meteorites after their journey over the Sun? And again, after concluding their long path reaching the ground. So two different fireballs that come and go, and both have fragmented. That's not easy to admit, but it's plausible!

If it's not this I am still in needing to taking a read on the link forwarded. Again nothing that can be related in terms of comets can necessarily be determined as that they are really from the same body. At least on the way I understand comets and asteroids. Even considering that they (all) could come from Vanderbilt belt.

Is true that in many light years ago part of comets showers are coming and entering into our atmosphere. Why (again) not considering that this particules (meteorites) are an integral element of an only one high bolide that have crashed in many billion years ago and that just now came in. After competent labs analyses -, scientifically is evident that that they may belong from an only one parent body meteorite. You say.  I add: Route, orbits, paths and journeys come from well-know asteroids (old planets) gravitational.

Moreover, even knowing that it is not too easy too admit this, I myself am firmilly aware that this could be a plausible thesis to add some light on the subject you are investigating. There's no other way to assure you that these bolides (59) and the fireball (02) are from the same asteroid than this one. Now I will take a serious reading on your link. Please, do not wait great expectations. I'm still in beliefs that both could be two parallels meteors, and/or an only one integral comet from a big blow-up in the past orbiting that came over our atmosphere.

Well, in my opinion most brilliant objects in cosmos, such as fireballs, follow an orbit. Ins't that impossible the the first (1959), didn't fragment tottally. Very probably that part of that bolide kept  on its journey untill it ended up again over the the skies of Central Europe (2002) in the form of a shower.

Ruled out since the composition differed in both the recovered meteorites.

______________

I tried to explain about it above.

I will read it now, thanks.

There is a bit more on the subject here:
http://abob.libs.ugadot edu/bobk/ccc/cc051503.html

Clear skies,
Leo

_________