[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fwd: Meteor's family poses puzzle - Intriguing! Still on

----- Original Message -----
From: Leo S.
To: meteorobs@atmob.org
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 4:05 PM
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Fwd: Meteor's family poses puzzle - Intriguing!

Marco L.,

thanks for pointing that out - i had a feeling it may have been discussed before on here. I will have a search through the archives tonight. I was also thinking of the "ruble pile" explanation and perhaps the possibility of a parent body,with another captured(satellite) body(i remember reading somewhere recently that a quite high proportion of objects are thought to have satellites of their own),although i have a feeling this would be much less lightly.

Regarding the CRE - I wonder if the age calculations take into account that the sun may have been more active in the past,therefore skewing the age to the older end of the spectrum ?

Leo