[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Narrative from Recife (May) - Correcs.

----- Original Message -----
From: Marco Valois
To: meteorobs@meteorobs.org
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2003 1:19 AM
Subject: (meteorobs) Narrative from Recife (May)

Hello Enthusiasts,

It seems to go a little bit late. Anyway, all that I could observe intended for the month, I mean  May, was mostly obtained in urban area. I do understand that it was quite impossible for me to get any better results concerning to Leo (my preferred) and any other reported shower in the Report. Too much light pollution as well as Winter.

Basically, as I couldn't leave from my site (urban area) to the  rural one, the final results for this month was meaningless. Anyway, the big Lunar Eclipse was very well accepted in almost the whole country. It was due to the good weather conditions in some States . So, having nothing to related, even the wonderful lunar elipse  (important), but a bit an off topic subject for meteors enthusiasts, but, unfortunately, around here in Recife, PE,  even being aware, I got rains for almost two days long during the eclipse period, so this made me impossible to get any relevant observation on the expected phenomenon.

Although, again, even pleasently observing the skies, I also couldn't get anything. This due and mostly after the days the rain period stopped, which was right now (I mean in about two weeks ago).  Regarding to Leo (SPO) and/or any other relevant meteor as contained in the guiding report, effortless.

Moreover,  getting no good results, I could observe the skies from my (urban) view site, which delighted me alot just by seen the stars (Milky Way). Anyway, nothing important to report. After that, even being in the same site for all month long, I could get a wonderful 15 days (two weeks), that were basically the end of May that I admit that they were very nice! To conclude I'd like to inform that  I all (that) I could observe means an off topic subject, since any meteor was not observed. So, I conclude this narrative as following:

Meteors: nothing;

Weather: mostly all month long cloudy and rainy;

Regarding to lunar eclipse: rainy night (after 11UT00, good weather conds.);

Obs.: After 12UT00, I took a ride around some city places with a friend, but nothing important to mention except for a kind of different color in the skies (almost haze), and heavy, but sparse clouds.

Regarding to any relevant phenomen: nothing

Conclusion: The month of May was plenty of nice ephemerides. But the weather contidions (Winter), sounded to be determinant to obtain relevant astronomical results.

Clear skies,

Marco Valois

Lt.8º S- lg 38º S (Recife,BRA)