[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Sporadic E?

Hi:

 1st post never made it trying again...

 I was monitoring meteors on 83.24 MHz from 1000 UT till 1300 UT when my
Icom receiver began picking up a very HARD buzzing sound like a BIG meteor
trail.

It was loud 5/5 on my scale that I turned the radio off. I got the idea to flick
on my FM radio and went from 87.00 MHz up and hear stations I never picked up
before on them, being in the city I usually get walked over. But on 88.10 MHz I
heard a news report 4/10 on the radio scale, then slowly moving up the band I
hit
88.55 MHz and a station hit at 7/10, it gave the news and the call sign...
WAMU in Washington, DC! they talked about a terror test and a car accident.

I had only the radio antenna 1/4 pulled out and it was a Radio Shack DX-392.

 I'll assume this is Sporadic E acting up now?

--
Clear skies

"Circling the Earth in the orbital spaceship I marvelled
at the beauty of our planet. People of the world!
Let us safeguard and enhance this beauty - not destroy it!"
 - Yuri Gagarin - First Man in Space - U.S.S.R.