[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) =?koi8-r?B?79TXxdQ6IChtZXRlb3JvYnMpIE1hcmNvIFZhbG9pcyAtIEFuZC4uLg==?=

Dear Marco and All,

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking: "why so little
data"?
We have a quntative satellite info, which allows to evaluate the
hypothetical meteoroid kinetic energy.  We have a possible infrasonic
detection and a few of witness's accounts.
I can just say that the area is very remote, and hard (and expensive!) to
reach.  Anyway, If somebody wants to spend his money to go to there - I
think it is possible. But please, pay attention, that in Russia meteorites
belong to a state.
Anyway, this expedition is already the third one The previous two were
conducted by scientists from Irkutsk, in general - they took snow samples.
They keep silence on results, but I think if they found something, we would
hear in the news.  No any news till now.

One of the problem is that taiga is used to be devastated by windstorms,
forest-fires, etc.  So I think the best thing is to wait for more info.

Best wishes,
Andrei