[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireball(?), Alma NM USA, 8 June 2003 22:20 MST

Hi:

My wife Jill and I saw a really large fire ball on June 8 at 10:20 pm
MST.  We live in the Gila National Forest in Alma New Mexico.  The
ball was traveling from south to north.  It had a wide long tail, and
the color of the ball was mostly bright green with a center of white
with some orange.  It lasted about 5 to 8 seconds .  The palm of my
hand barely covered the ball when held up against the night sky.  What
was really weird was that it was below cloud level making it really
spectacular.

-From The Enchanted Forest
-Nevyn