[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) June Bootids observing "chat" - Friday, 20 UT (4pm EDT, 10pm Western Europe, 5am Saturday Japan)

Dear fellow meteor observers!

In preparation for the peak time of the sometimes sur-
prising June Bootid meteor shower tomorrow night (the
peak is listed in the IMO Calendar as 19:30 UT), we've
scheduled another real-time meeting on the #meteorobs
Internet Relay Chat channel, on KreyNet!

To chat in real time with your fellow observers around
the world, do either of the following:

  I) Go to:
         http://www.meteorobs.org/cgiirc/irc.cgi
     (Choose a nickname for yourself which describes
      where you are from: mine is 'MAmeteors', for
      MAssachusetts, USA.)

Or (if you are familiar with IRC):

  II) Install some IRC freeware (e.g., http://mirc.com)
      Use your IRC software to connect to irc.kreydot net
      Join the #meteorobs "channel":
        /join #meteorobs

Again, the online June Bootids "meeting" is scheduled
for 20:00 Universal Time, about a half hour after the
peak... Naturally, if it is clear and dark for you at
that time, we hope you will be watching not chatting!

This time (20 UT) translates to 4pm Eastern Daylight
Savings Time in North America, 10pm in Western Europe,
4am the next morning in Beijing, and 5am in Japan.

We hope to see some of you there!

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@meteorobs.org>
Webmaster: http://www.meteorobs.org