[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) June Bootids from Xinglong (China)

Dear meteor observers,

It's a long time that I haven't post on meteorobs, though I always keep
reading your nice postings. It was just an hour of clear before dawn
this morning, and we made some observations in Xinglong station of
National Astronomical Observatories, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
(observation covered 2003 Jun. 27 UT 18:15-19:20.)

Huan Meng made one hour visual observations, and saw 13 meteors at
LM ~ 5.0. One of the 13 could be a JBO. I think that he will send his
formal report later. I made vedio observation almost during the same time,
and captured 8 meteors, including 2 JBOs! One of the two is very bright,
I guess it might be -1 or even brighter, but it was missed by the visual
observation. It's a pity that I didn't bring the tranfer wire with me,
so I could only cut it out from the tape and post it somewhere next
week when I go back Beijing.

It's clear now and we'll start another observing night soon...

It seems that the above message was not sent to meteorobs correctly,
so I send it again from my previous registed address...

We just finished an almost whole night observations for Jun. 28/29,
covering about 5 hours with both visual and video observations under
very good weather condition. Similiar expression as previous night.
Few but not zero JBOs. Details will be given later (may need a
long time?).

Wish you clear nights!

Jin

P.S.: I moved from NAOC to Beijing Planetarium last Sept.

--
Jin Zhu                        | Tel.:     +86-10-68358430 (O)
Beijing Planetarium, director  |           +86-13601369613 (mobile)