[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) JBO observation at Xinglong, China (ZHUJI, June 28/29)

> e.g. limiting magnitude of
> 1, the milky way is still visible. In contrast, the milky way can never be
> seen even with LM of better than 5 in downtown of Beijing.
Huh? Excuse me? You mean, you can just see Altair and you cannot see Deneb, but
you can see the Milky Way?? LM5 in downtown Beijing??

I can just see the bright parts of Milky way in Cygnus with LM5.2 or so, worse
than that, it disappears. I can't see the Sagittarius region well because it's
low in the south. Also, I can just see mag 5.0 or so stars from downtown
Ljubljana with 'only' 270.000 population when the sky is really clear. Forget
Milky Way.

Do you use direct or averted vision for your LM counts?

CS!Jure

http://www.emaildot si/