[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re-Double meteor

Thanks for all for the replies.

Personally I would favor the layer/flake off theory over the atmospheric density. In fact, density is very well modelled by a smooth exponential of altitude, with a scale height. I cannot see any way the meteor could go from high to low to high density on a linear trajectory to vary the brightness a factor of 100.

Mike