[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) JBO observation at Xinglong, China (ZHUJI, June 28/29)

Well, even if there were no clouds with LM=+1 (if in fact that was the correct determination of LM) you couldn't possibly be seeing Milky Way. Generally speaking, once LM drops worse than +5.0, it gets really hard to see it. The brightest central part in SAG (if not too low) can barely be seen in the upper 4's, but once you get down to 3, 2, 1... nothing.

Consider alternatives - noctilucent cloud, aurora, jet contrails, rocket launch, classified government experiments, airborne dust/pollution, localized fog, etc...

Mike