[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Problems...

Hi all !

After a long period of non-observing, I'm now going to come back in the
great team of meteor observers... But as I was preparing my first new
sessions, I faced two major problems :
- the first one consisted in the way to make the distinction between
alpha-Capricornids and Sagittarids. Their radiants are currently very
close together, and as I leave in Western France ( 1°34'1.2"W ;
46°40'1.2"N ), their aren't very elevated, and, if I observe at an
elevation of 50-70°, meteors coming from both of these streams will
appear parallel. And the velocity of these two sources are also similar
: 25km/s and 30 km/s, the difference seems for me too small to allow a
disinction. Can someone help me and tell me what's the best solution ?
- the second one is that during my 2 years break, I got the surprise to
get a pair of glasses, for astigmatism and short-sighting... Have I
better keeping them while observing, even if my field of view will be
restricted, or must I throw them away, even if my lm might be not as
high as before ? The correction is not very very important, ( it must be
6/10 and 8/10, or something like that ).

Thanks in advance for your answers !

Clear skies !
Karl.