[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Telescopic meteors charts

>    I want to use a 7 x 50 binoculars and my latitude is -25.08.30 South.
> I hear about some sky atlas to use like telescopic charts.This is true?

Uranometria has been used for this purpose for small binoculars.
Usually a master blank is created by first photocoping, then using
correction fluid mask out the distracting grid lines within an area a
bit larger than the field of view.

Even at -25S many of the IMO charts are still relevant.  Fields at
declination +20 still attain a maximum elevation of 45 degrees.

What are you planning to observe?

Do you have a stable mount for the 7x50?  Comfortable observing is
paramount to success.

Malcolm