[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs)

In a message dated 7/14/03 10:00:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time, mirage@gilanet.com writes:

>>It is very overcast here from the monsoon clouds...if it were above we never could have seen it.. This was a bright ....big....green ball of fire..  We could not see stars etc.  It was really low and below the clouds.
Nevyn<<

Then it was very big....big enough to leave a fairly good sized crater on the ground. I wonder if anybody has called in to report a big disaster from the impact? To be still incandescent below the clouds, it's velocity would have to be very high, thus mean its size is also very large....at least well over 10 tons. I can't figure how something this large hitting the ground at speeds great enough for the "friction" to keep it still glowing would go unnoticed on the ground?
George Zay