[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fire Ball over the Gila

At 04:43 16/07/03, you wrote:
>It was about half way between overhead and horizon.
>
>Nevyn
Based on this estimate and the measurement quoted on the elpaso image, a rough ( flat Earth geometry)
suggests an altitude around 30km, or 20 miles. just on the edge of the height range quoted for sustaining
a sonic boom. range about 28 miles so any sound would be some 3.5 minutes after event.
to show so clearly thru cloud , i think it must have been mag -10 or -11. The infrasonics should
have registered on los alamos's detectors I would have thought. probably takes a few days
for information like that to come out.
Tony Beresford