[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fire Ball over the Gila

I forgot my last message to add this....

Nevyn, I think most likely the meteor you seen was a member of the alpha Capricornids. They are active now and often produce spectacular fireballs. They always seem to get peoples attention. I think it's because they are bright and somewhat slow. People get a chance to dwell on them. The radiant becomes active just before dark. If it was a alpha Capricornid, it's of comet origin. This means don't expect any meteorites to reach the ground. The material is basically too fragile to survive complete atmospheric passage.
George Zay