[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) An early Alpha Capricornid from KS - 7/3/03pm

Been noting the green meteor reports.  Here is mine.

Was with my significant other and Ashley (11) heading west
near my home in Overland Park KS at 949pm on July 3rd, 2003.

Across the front windshield we has a spectacular green Alpha
Capricornid fall from my driver's side WNW to a gold terminal burst
about 10 degrees due S of the moon that eve.  Between -3 and -4
magnitude about 40 degrees in length spanning 2.5 to 3 sec.

With Jupiter and the moon hanging low in the bluish twilight in the
west, this intensely green Alpha Cap will be one of the most memorable
meteors of all time for me.

Green, and VERY early for them.  Looks like perhaps a good year for
the bright ones.

Predicting spectacular cool weather during the overnites for me midweek
next week, should have some clear skies with that frontal passage in the
central USA.

Regards,

Bert Matous
Overland Park KS