[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Observation 28/07/2003

> By plotting this time of year you probably missed more meteors than
> you saw.
> May I suggest that you forgo plotting during the next two weeks as
> you will
> then witness much more activity. If you must plot then plot those
> meteors
> that appear to be sporadic as the radiant positions of the major
> showers
> this time of year are well known.

> Clear Skies!

> Bob Lunsford

I think I'll now plot Sporadics and all the meteors from the Aquarid
complex, as they are not that easy to distinguish. I didn't expect
too much Perseid activity, that's why I simply plotted all meteors.

By the way, I even like the archiving work as such (besides measuring
the meteor coordinates on the map, that can be a bit boring with 22
meteors) and it's great to compare the recent data with your old
observations (for example, I noticed that last year on 28/07 I only
observed about half the activity of yesterday night). I just would
like to know who, apart from me, is interested in this data, because
I for example wouldn't measure all the plots (I've got them on the
maps, I don't need the figures) just for my personal use.

But I've already got a nice mail from somebody who said that he likes
to read observation reports and finds them very useful.

Greetings

Daniel Gruen