[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: REMOVE ME

First, Niall and Christina, I'm sorry that you
seemed to have some problem removing yourselves
from the 'meteorobs' list, and that it obviously
frustrated you enough to write the email below.

Second, when you mention "hundreds of different
people sending me the same mail Over and OVER",
I am at a bit of a loss to understand what you
mean: so far as I can tell, there have been no
repeated posts to the 'meteorobs' forum in the
past week (at least)... I am posting this email
to the other 700 subscribers of our list, as a
request to see whether there may be a problem
with our forum which I am not aware of... ?

Last, you do not happen to mention how you have
been trying to remove yourself: whether via our
*Webform* http://meteorobs.org/subscribe, or by
*following the instructions* to remove yourself
by email http://meteorobs.org/email-access.html
or by emailing the volunteers who run this ama-
teur list at owner-meteorobs@meteorobs.org, to
get our help (which is a step that is both sug-
gested at our Website, and was also recommended
in an automated email when you subscribed...)

If there is some problem with one of the above
procedures, please help us hear about it: after
all this list is for amateur meteor astronomers,
and is also administered by a tiny group of vol-
unteer amateur astronomers - that's "volunteer"
as in "helping out purely to benefit others",
and "amateur" as in "having other jobs".

So I have removed you from our list. However,
I would appreciate it if you could be just a
bit more specific about the problems you had?

Clear skies,

Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@meteorobs.org>