                     (Kent, WA  near Seattle)

Date:  July 28, 2003

Time:  about 10:45 p.m. PDT plus/minus 15 min
      (sorry this isn't more precise. should have made report yesterday.
       working from memory.)

Viewing due south, meteor appeared about 10 degrees east of due south, and
20 degrees elevation when it entered my field of view, out front window of
car.  Path was generally downward, about 5-10 degrees off of vertical,
toward the east (or left).  That is, the path went from upper right to lower
left.  Path disappeared at the horizon.

Brightness:  about as bright as Venus at it's brightest?  Hard to tell.  At
the instant of appearance I was in a heavily light polluted area under
several streetlights, driving a car with headlights on.  Never the less, the
streak appeared bright white.

The real irony here is that 48 hours before I was under pristine dark skies
at the Table Mountain Star Party.

Gregg Lobdell