[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) fireball S-France 16th July

Received this report on a fireball seen from S-France on July 16th. This is
another fireball than that reported by Jeremy Vaubaillon, given the dates.

Kind regards,

- Marco Langbroek (DMS)

Fireball report:

observer: Mr. Ylan de Waard
date observation: July 16, 2003
time: approx. 22:40 CEST = approx. 20:40 UTC
location: Aujac-en-Cevennes, Cevennes, S. France
sky location: looking south
fireball direction: from southeast to west.
duration: approx. 10 seconds

No magnitude estimate available, but reported as very bright (brightest ever
seen by the observer)

visible for at least 10 seconds after that.

Marco Langbroek

marco.langbroek@wanadoodot nl
meteorites@dmsweb.org
http://home.wanadoodot nl/marco.langbroek

"What seest thou else
 In the dark backward and abysm of time?"

                            William Shakespeare
                            The Tempest act I scene 2