[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:RAINER+(meteorobs) 2-3/08/03 Report from Mojave Desert, CA

Hi Rainer,
   Yes, that is a copy/paste typo and is meant to be the NDA radiant. I used my report from 1-2/08/03 as a template to save time typing. I am lazy. ;)
   I counted SIAs as SPOs... too many close radiants for a me to be certain of what's going on down there. :)
Sorry.
-Sid Ferreira  (FERSI)

> From: RainerArlt <rarlt@aipdot de>
> Date: 2003/08/03 Sun PM 11:57:45 PDT
> To: meteorobs@atmob.org
> Subject: Re: (meteorobs) 2-3/08/03 Report from Mojave Desert, CA
>
> In the observation by Sid Ferreira, I spotted:
>
> > OBSERVED SHOWERS: 3-letter code; radiant position; radiant diameter
> > KCG ;  282  +58 ; 6
> > CAP ;  311   -09 ; 8
> > ANT ;   325  -13 ; --
> > NDA ;  332  -15 ;  5
> > SDA ;  343  -14 ;  5
> > PAU ;  346  -27 ;  5
> > PER ;  035  +57 ; 5
>
> that the NDA position is actually that of the Southern
> iota-Aquarids. NDA has 330  -7 on that date. I guess
> it's just a typo and doesn't affect shower association.
>
> Best wishes,
> Rainer
>
> --
> Rainer Arlt  --  Astrophysikalisches Institut Potsdam -- www.aipdot de
> Visual Commission - International Meteor Organization -- www.imodot net
> rarlt@aipdot de --  phone: +49-331-7499-354  --  fax: +49-331-7499-526
> The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org
> To stop getting all email from the 'meteorobs' lists, use our Webform:
> http://www.meteorobs.org/subscribe.html

Sidney A. Ferreira
Forest Knoll Observatory
Indian Wells Valley