[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observation Aug 09 from Hawaii

I decided to try my PER observations early saturday morning, since we still had over an hour of moonfree window, by tomorrow it would be down to only a half hour or so. I observed from the roof of my house in the city, but the atmosphere was quite clear, so despite the light pollutuon I got a respectable 5.4 LM. A few tradewind clouds, but they mostly kept their distance.

Just like my July 31 observation, many meteors from different radiants were evident, but now the PER are beginning to dominate over all else. There were 2 bright ones which left short persistent trains, somewhat like a regular fireworks show.

I'm not sure what to do on the peak nights under a full moon, maybe I'll try an hour and compare rates.

ALoha,
Mike Linnolt

REPORT
----------
OBS: Mike Linnolt (LINMI)
DATE: Aug 09, 2003
TIME: 1330 - 1432 UT
LOC: Honolulu, Oahu, HI (21° 17' N, 157° 48m W)
ELEV: 50m
Conditions: Mostly clear. Temp 73F. RH 50%. Winds moderate.
METHOD: Paper

Observing Periods Summary:
==========================

# Period(UT) FOV   Teff  F   LM   KCG  NIA  SDA  PAU  PER  ANT  NPX  SPX  SPO
  ---------- ---   ----  -   ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---
1 1330-1432 23h+10 1.00 1.02 5.4   1    1    1    1    6    4    1    0    5

Note: FOV varied a little to avoid clouds.

Periods Detail:
===============

Period #1:
----------

Mag -3 -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 +6
-------------------------------------
KCG: 0  0  0 0  0  0  0  1  0  0 = 1
NIA: 0  0  0 0  0  1  0  0  0  0 = 1
SDA: 0  0  0 0  1  0  0  0  0  0 = 1
PAU: 0  0  0 0  0  0  0  0  1  0 = 1
PER: 0  0  1 1  0  0  1  1  2  0 = 6
ANT: 0  0  0 0  1  2  1  0  0  0 = 4
NPX: 0  0  0 0  0  0  1  0  0  0 = 1
SPX: 0  0  0 0  0  0  0  0  0  0 = 0
SPO: 0  0  0 0  0  0  1  2  2  0 = 5

DEAD TIME: 2 min

NOTE: Due to proximity of NDA and SIA to ANT, I did not attempt to
differentiate them, so its possible some of the ANT were from the
other 2.

END OF REPORT.