[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) The Vitim event and more

Dear All,

Expeditions have returned from the Vitim bolide epicenter. No any fragments
were discovered. Some samples of soil etc. were taken to analyse in labs.
Along the trajectory numerous small and fierce forest-falls were discovered
with unknown origin. In my opinion, it is not clear whether they exist just
in there (and absent in other areas), as the expeditions (as I understand
from brief reports) were just along the trajectory. Hoping that more
detailed info will appear soon.

Here is a fresh "meteorite impact" article on "something" another.
http://wwwdot detnews.com/2003/metro/0308/12/c01-242704.htm
Despite that it is not clear "what it was", it sounds interesting to
investigate.

Best wishes,
Andrei Ol'khovatov
Russia, Moscow